VP, Ad Industry Partnerships
Full Time – U.S (NYC office and remote options)
NewsGuard seeks a talented individual to expand its footprint in the global advertising industry. The primary responsibility for this role will be to win new clients for our NewsGuard for Advertising brand safety service in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Australia, and New Zealand. The Ad Industry Partnerships lead will think strategically about client brand goals and challenges, build and convey compelling value propositions and achieve an annual new business target. The right candidate will be a strong, strategic salesperson who has a deep understanding of the advertising ecosystem and a passion for advertising technology, including very strong knowledge of digital environments including display, video, mobile, platforms, DSPs, SSPs, exchanges and the like, and personal connections to adtech players as well as brand and agency clients.
- Achieve quarterly/annual revenue and new business targets.
- Cultivate strong relationships with senior client stakeholders in order to develop client- specific value propositions, positioning NewsGuard as a strategic/preferred partner.
- Evangelize NewsGuard’s value proposition, best practices and perspectives to our customers and our industry peers via events, webinars, and other direct client communications channels.
- Partner effectively with multiple internal stakeholders to support sales efforts.
- Define the growth strategy for your portfolio with clear guidance on key client and agency stakeholders, client/opportunity prioritization.
- Ensure sales pipeline and activity is maintained and provide timely management / Hubspot reporting as required.
- Must show accountability/ownership through every stage of client business: prospecting, presenting, negotiating.
- The ability to create deep partnerships based on value and a talent for consultative selling.
- Able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and articulate information with product team members.
- Attend industry events and follow-up with leads generated in a timely fashion.
- You will have a clear and proven record of winning new clients.
- Experience managing or selling solutions in brand safety, advertising technology, data or other solutions related to online advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to identify a brand’s key business objectives and challenges, and translate and build into compelling value propositions.
- Team player mentality with experience working collaboratively with internal teams to build business and sales.
- Extensive contacts at media agencies and clients, and a strong knowledge of accounts, planning teams and planning cycles.
- Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-departmentally.
- Skilled at communicating effectively throughout the organization.
- Ability to craft a strong presentation and excellent communications skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive can-do approach.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- $150,000 – $250,000, plus equity and commission (potentially comparable to base salary).
Application Dates and Process
- Applications will be reviewed, and interviews held, on a rolling basis
- NewsGuard will contact applicants for an initial interview, with the potential for follow up meetings with senior staff.
Candidates must complete the following tasks for consideration:
- Provide a current resume/CV with professional work experiences (cover letter optional, but encouraged).
- Provide three references.
- Submit the above items via NewsGuard’s application form.
- Be available for interview(s) with NewsGuard staff members.
NewsGuard offers a new tool for brand safety, BrandGuard, that offers protection for brands to ensure their advertising does not support misinformation. NewsGuard rates and creates “Nutrition Labels” for all the news and information websites that account for 95% of online engagement across the U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, Italy and Austria and will soon launch in Australia and New Zealand. BrandGuard exclusion and inclusion lists are used to ensure that programmatic advertisements do not support misinformation internet sites and do support quality news.
NewsGuard also rates TV networks and news programs and will soon launch ratings for news podcasts. In addition to countering misinformation on behalf of brands, advertising agencies and ad tech companies, NewsGuard products also include NewsGuard ratings for news consumers distributed through products from companies such as Microsoft and the Misinformation Fingerprints catalog of top hoaxes used by the Pentagon and State Department to counter disinformation operations.
NewsGuard’s ratings are conducted by trained journalists using nine apolitical criteria of journalistic practice, including whether a news source repeatedly publishes false content, whether it regularly corrects or clarifies errors, and whether it avoids deceptive headlines. Based on the criteria, each source receives an overall rating, a trust score of 0-100, a score on each of the nine criteria, and a detailed “Nutrition Label” explaining the rating and providing examples of the site’s editorial practices. Advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising tech companies license NewsGuard’s ratings to direct their advertising toward legitimate journalism and avoid misinformation.