We help you decide which news sources to trust — with scores from humans, not algorithms.
NewsGuard gives you all the context you need as you read news online. Try NewsGuard today for free with a two-week trial. After two weeks, membership costs just $4.95/month in the U.S. and Canada, £4.95 in the UK, €4.95 in the EU, or $6.95 in Australia and New Zealand.
How It Works
- NewsGuard’s browser extension displays NewsGuard trust score icons next to links on search engines, social media feeds, and other platforms.
- Hover over an icon to see a summary of NewsGuard’s assessment of each site—written by trained analysts with journalism experience.
- Click through to see a detailed review and “Nutrition Label” for the site written by NewsGuard’s analysts.
NewsGuard Membership: What You’ll Get
- Unlimited access to our browser extension trust scores for more than 9,500 websites that account for 95% of engagement with news in the U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Austria and Italy.
- Trust score icons next to links in your links on all of the top search engines, social media platforms, and news aggregation sites.
- Summaries showing who owns each site, its political leaning if any, and how it performs on nine journalistic criteria.
- Detailed written descriptions of each site and why they passed or failed the nine criteria.
- Warnings on hoax healthcare sites peddling unreliable advice and miracle cures.
- Warnings on political propaganda news sites funded by campaigns or PACs.
- Warnings on from hoaxes, conspiracy theories, advertising posing as news, and other unreliable sites.
- A reliability score of 0-100 for each site based on its performance on our nine criteria.
- Access to NewsGuard’s mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Access to each edition of the Misinformation Monitor, our newsletter about online misinformation in North America and Europe.