We help you decide which news sources to trust — with ratings from humans, not algorithms.
With trust ratings for over 4,000 websites produced by real journalists, NewsGuard gives you all the context you need as you read news online. Try NewsGuard today for free with a two-week trial. After two weeks, membership costs just $2.95/month in the U.S., £2.95 in the UK or €2.95 in the EU.
NewsGuard Membership: What You’ll Get
- Unlimited access to our browser extension with ratings of more than 4,000 websites that account for 95% of engagement with news in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Italy.
- Ratings icons next to links in your links on all of the top search engines, social media platforms, and news aggregation sites.
- Summaries showing who owns each site, its political leaning if any, and how it performs on nine journalistic criteria.
- Detailed written descriptions of each site and why they passed or failed the nine criteria.
- Warnings on hoax healthcare sites peddling unreliable advice and miracle cures.
- Warnings on political propaganda news sites funded by campaigns or PACs.
- Warnings on from hoaxes, conspiracy theories, advertising posing as news, and other unreliable sites.
- NEW! A reliability score of 0-100 for each site based on its performance on our nine criteria. We’ve always said that not all Greens (or Reds) are the same; now, you’ll see the numbers.
- NEW! Access to NewsGuard’s upcoming mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- NEW! Access to each edition of the Misinformation Monitor, our newsletter about online misinformation in the U.S. and Europe.