Helping advertisers avoid risk from misinformation.
- The programmatic advertising machine places 15 million ad impressions per second every second of every day
- The ANA has found that the average campaign for larger advertisers places these ads across 44,000 websites
- NewsGuard offers the only way to keep up with this machine with precision at scale
- Otherwise, you are left in the dark—either avoiding news with keyword blocklists that function like sledgehammers, or appearing on the 30+ percent of websites that are published just to attract ads, to peddle harmful misinformation, or both
Our team of analysts reviews thousands of news and information sites, covering 95% of online engagement in each market, to certify trustworthy news sites while flagging untrustworthy domains that spread dangerous misinformation and conspiracy theories or pose as legitimate news sources.
Responsible ad placements for news—powered by human intelligence.
Powered by NewsGuard’s journalist-curated trust ratings for thousands of online news and information sources, NewsGuard for Advertising provides rich data about online news sources that advertisers use to avoid ad placements on misinformation, disinformation, and untrustworthy news sources inconsistent with their brand safety standards. At the same time, NewsGuard for Advertising helps advertisers identify credible, trusted news sources to include in their ad campaigns, expanding reach, lowering CPMs, and improving performance.
Brands can use NewsGuard’s data to craft custom news inclusion or exclusion lists based on their standards. Advertisers can use NewsGuard’s more than 40 data and metadata points to create filters for different categories of content, such as health misinformation, anti-vaccine hoaxes, political conspiracy theories, and other brand-unsafe or brand-unsuitable content.
Request a free inventory analysis to find out whether your ads are appearing on sites you might consider pose a reputation risk—and learn more about how NewsGuard can protect you.
Advertising using NewsGuard means:
- Saving money with campaign efficiencies: lower CPMs and improved cost-per-reach
- Protecting your brand from election-related misinformation in a major election year
- Increased click-through rates from highly engaged news consumers
- Sending ad revenue to quality news – instead of sites that don’t meet a brand’s standards
- Meeting corporate responsibility goals with your advertising budget
- Reaching diverse-owned media and sites that serve minority communities