At NewsGuard, we believe that the problem of online misinformation is best addressed not by artificial intelligence, but by human intelligence. We use journalism to rate and review thousands of news and information sites—from major media brands to niche blogs to hoax sites that spread falsehoods to generate ad clicks—using nine journalistic criteria and a rigorous, transparent process. By creating a standard for understanding the credibility of news sources online, we aim to restore trust and accountability to journalism.
We’re recruiting a diverse, talented team of journalists, editors, fact-checkers, and others to help us do so.
- Intern. Work with NewsGuard’s team of award-winning journalists and editors to report and write ratings of news and information sites using NewsGuard’s rating process. Learn more.
- Freelance Reporter. Join NewsGuard’s team as a freelance contributing analyst rating and reviewing news sources. Learn more.
- Staff Reporter. Join NewsGuard’s team as an analyst rating and reviewing news sources and reporting on trends in digital news and online misinformation. Learn more.
- Editor, Business & Finance. Help develop, launch, and grow our newest vertical focused on financial news and information sources. Learn more.
- Deputy Editor, Special Reports. Build out and oversee a growing vertical at NewsGuard focused on special reports, newsletters, and other new content. Learn more