Click the button below to download NewsGuard.
NewsGuard shows you trust ratings for 4,500+ news and information sites–written by trained journalists based on nine journalistic criteria. We tell you who’s behind each site, how it’s funded, and whether you can trust it.
With our browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari, you’ll see NewsGuard ratings right next to links on search engines and social media feeds across all major platforms. Know who’s feeding you the news. Get NewsGuard by clicking the button below.
NewsGuard: What You’ll Get
- Unlimited access to our browser extension with ratings of more than 4,500 websites that account for 95% of engagement with news in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Italy.
- Ratings icons next to links in your links on all of the top search engines, social media platforms, and news aggregation sites.
- Summaries showing who owns each site, its political leaning if any, and how it performs on nine journalistic criteria.
- Detailed written descriptions of each site and why they passed or failed the nine criteria.
- Warnings on hoax healthcare sites peddling unreliable advice and miracle cures.
- Warnings on political propaganda news sites funded by campaigns or PACs.
- Warnings on from hoaxes, conspiracy theories, advertising posing as news, and other unreliable sites.
- A reliability score of 0-100 for each site based on its performance on our nine criteria. We’ve always said that not all Greens (or Reds) are the same; now, you’ll see the numbers.
- Access to NewsGuard’s mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Access to each edition of the Misinformation Monitor, our newsletter about online misinformation in the U.S. and Europe.